district projects & data
FWCBD Details & Statistics
Year Established: 2005 Landside
Total Assessed Properties: 105 Landside
At a glance:
- According to data from SF Travel, In 2019 Fisherman’s Wharf was the top destination in San Francisco, and PIER 39 was the most visited attraction.
- In 2019 Fisherman’s Wharf received 14M visitors (as per SF Travel).
- 35% of visitors to Fisherman’s Wharf are local Bay Area residents.
- In 2010 businesses at Fisherman’s Wharf generated $65.6 million in revenue annually to the City of San Francisco through rents to the Port of San Francisco, payroll, sales, property, hotel and parking taxes.
- There are 11 parking garages and lots at Fisherman’s Wharf that generated $14.2 million in parking revenue tax that funds the Port and the MTA.
- Fisherman’s Wharf supports over 1,475 jobs at 13 hotels located at Fisherman’s Wharf. These 13 hotels have over 3,200 guest rooms and have some of the highest occupancy rates in the city.