All meeting dates are posted on the FWCBD's Meeting Calendar.
FWCBD ADVISORY COMMITTEES
- Services Committee (Safety Outreach Committee & Street Operations, Beautification and Order)
OTHER COMMITTEE & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Clean and Safe Coalition
- Clean and Safe 365
- Community Police Advisory Board
- Fisherman’s Wharf Merchant’s Association
- SF CBD/BID Consortium
- Retail Strategy Task Force
- SFNexTstop - Central Subway Advocacy
- The Embarcadero Enhancement Project
- Business Federation Meetings
- Fisherman’s Wharf Waterfront Advisory Group
- Port of San Francisco & BCDC Planning Study
MARKETING / DISTRICT IDENTITY & STREETSCAPE IMPROVEMENTS
The Marketing Committee works to promote visitation to Fisherman's Wharf. The Committee focuses its attention on approving the annual marketing plan and overseeing its execution. The committee will advise on management of current media assets including the website, social media, brochure, etc. The committee will make full use of limited funding by capitalizing on earned media opportunities with local press and travel journalists. The Committee will oversee all district events including Wharf Fest, 4th of July, and Fleet Week. They will also try to secure sponsors to supplement the advertising budgets. The Committee will also provide recommendations on communication strategies between the CBD and tourists, locals, industry members, media, the event & meeting planner segment, and the community.
Chair: Jenny Rauh, MapWest
SERVICES COMMITTEE (SAFETY OUTREACH & STREET OPERATIONS AND BEAUTIFICATION)
The objectives of the Committee are to:
- Address district enforcements, court watch, and homeless outreach
- Create an emergency and preparedness plan for the community
- Hold emergency response training exercises for businesses and residents in the Fisherman's Wharf community participating
- Increase the involvement from the community in areas of Street Operations and Beautification
- Pedestrian Way Finding Signage
- Street maintenance (Land-side CBD )
- Graffiti Abatement Program (Land-side CBD)
- Fisherman's Wharf Ambassador Program (Block By Block)
- Community preservation and history
- District beautification
- Retail recruitment
Chairs: John Cannizzaro, Cannizzaro Realty & Al Casciato, Lefty’s Ballpark Buffet
SUSTAINABILITY / ZERO WASTE
The Sustainability Committee was formed to help assist the Fisherman's Wharf businesses and residents reach the city's goal of becoming 100% sustainable by the year 2020.
Committee Information: The Sustainability Committee meets on an as-needed basis at the FWCBD office.
TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT COMMITTEE (TRANSIT)
The goal of the Transportation Improvement Committee is to help mitigate traffic congestion and to improve vehicle and pedestrian safety while helping to support the continuing success of all tour operators within the Fisherman's Wharf Area.
Committee Information: the Transportation Improvement Committee meets on an as-needed basis.
Chair: Hagen Choi, Tower Tours
Would you like to become a sponsor of Fisherman's Wharf? Learn more here.