Summer has finally arrived in San Francisco. There is no better way to celebrate summer than by enjoying the 4th of July holiday weekend at Fisherman’s Wharf. Pull out your red, white, and blue and get ready to have some fun!
Top off your weekend at Fisherman’s Wharf by experiencing The City of San Francisco’s Annual Fireworks Show. Head to the waterfront and celebrate the return of the City’s incredible fireworks show with family and friends. The show will begin at 9:30 pm. We would like to remind you that no personal fireworks are allowed in the City & County of San Francisco. Much of the Wharf is built on old wooden piers, so fireworks are a safety hazard.
Also, please consider leaving your dog safely at home. On a normal day, we welcome our furry friends, but the 4th of July is crowded, and the fireworks show is loud. There will also be K-9 units in the neighborhood, and we want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time.
Don’t forget to share and tag your photos #4thatthewharf to be featured on our social media.
Here are a few ideas for a fabulous weekend at The Wharf:
- Book a stay at the Argonaut Hotel. Situated right on the dock of the Bay, the Argonaut Hotel is in the middle of it all. Right now, they are offering a daily food and beverage credit with your stay!
o Stay 2+ nights, $25 in Food and Beverage Credit per day
o Stay 3+ nights, $50 in Food and Beverage Credit per day
- Hotel Zoe is a fantastic hotel property located at Fisherman’s Wharf. For a limited time, they are offering extra savings for each night you book!
o Stay 2 nights, save 15%
o Stay 3 nights, save 20%
o Stay 4 nights, save 25%
- Hotel Caza has a Park & Play Package offering 50% off parking. Leave your car keys with them and enjoy all that San Francisco has to offer!
Eat & Drink
- Restaurant Abacà is having an all you can eat 4th of July BBQ featuring Whole Pig Lechon, BBQ Skewers on Binchotan Grill, Abacà S'mores, Pancit and Rice.
- Fresh Seafood and Cocktails are plentiful in the wharf. Check our our Eat & Drink page for a directory of restaurants in our neighborhood.
Best Fireworks Viewing
- Consider watching the fireworks from the one of the best seats on the bay:
- Or watch land side from Aquatic Park, Ghirardelli Square, PIER 39 and all along the waterfront.
Getting to the Wharf
- We highly recommend public transportation. There are public parking lots in the neighborhood, however, they are expected to be at capacity early in the day.
- Muni Reroutes & Substitutions
- The F Market & Wharves Line, Powell/Mason, Powell/Hyde and California Cable Car lines will be services by buses only. Cable Car service will be provided by bus shuttles beginning at 2pm.
- There will be extra Muni service for the 4th of July. For the most up to date information and service changes, visit SFMTA.com
- Please note that after the fireworks show, from 9 to 11:30 p.m., Muni will have three express shuttles providing express service to the Ferry Building, Civic Center and Caltrain. These buses will use transit-only lanes to avoid traffic wherever possible. July 4th Express Service Locations:
Destination Connections Boarding Location Drop Off Location Ferry Building Express BART, Ferries On Kearny, at North Point Market & Battery Civic Center Express Muni Metro, BART Bay, between Polk & Van Ness Hyde & Grove Caltrain Express Caltrain On Kearny, at North Point Caltrain Station