Summer has finally arrived in San Francisco. The City is open for business and Fisherman’s Wharf is buzzing with activity. There is no better way to celebrate summer than by enjoying the 4th of July holiday weekend at Fisherman’s Wharf. Pull out your red, white, and blue and get ready to have some fun!
Top off your weekend at Fisherman’s Wharf by experiencing The City of San Francisco’s Annual Fireworks Show. Head to the waterfront and celebrate the return of the City’s incredible fireworks show with family and friends. The show will begin at 9:30 pm. We would like to remind you that no personal fireworks are allowed in the City & County of San Francisco. Much of the Wharf is built on old wooden piers, so fireworks are a safety hazard.
Also, please consider leaving your dog safely at home. On a normal day, we welcome our furry friends, but the 4th of July is crowded, and the fireworks show is loud. There will also be K-9 units in the neighborhood, and we want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time.
Don’t forget to share and tag your photos #4thatthewharf to be featured on our social media.
Here are a few ideas for a fabulous weekend at The Wharf:
- Book a stay at the Argonaut Hotel. Situated right on the dock of the Bay, the Argonaut Hotel is in the middle of it all. Right now, they are offering a daily food and beverage credit with your stay!
o Stay 2+ nights, $25 in Food and Beverage Credit per day
o Stay 3+ nights, $50 in Food and Beverage Credit per day
- Hotel Zoe is a fantastic hotel property located at Fisherman’s Wharf. For a limited time, they are offering extra savings for each night you book!
o Stay 2 nights, save 15%
o Stay 3 nights, save 20%
o Stay 4 nights, save 25%
Eat & Drink
- Kick off your weekend activities with a hearty breakfast from the Eagle Café at PIER 39! Open at 8am daily with breakfast favorites like omelets, banana pecan pancakes, breakfast burritos, avocado toast, Bloody Marys and more.
- Dine at The Blue Mermaid for classic San Francisco fare. Right next door to the Argonaut, an oceanfront ambiance awaits, highlighted by the brilliant sights, and sounds of the waterfront. The July 4th weekend will feature champagne and cocktail specials. Reservations are recommended.
- Located on Fisherman’s Wharf, just off North Beach, Pescatore offers warm, friendly dining for breakfast and dinner. With options ranging from classic fried calamari to their signature pasta dishes, they will make sure you never go hungry in San Francisco. July 4th will highlight some of Chef Raffa’s favorite summer dishes including Shrimp Cocktail and a Pork Sandwich. Reservations are recommended.
- Find out why Fog Harbor Fish House is ranked on of the Top 5 Restaurants in SF according to Yelp! 100% sustainable seafood with spectacular bay views. Indoor & outdoor dining. Walk-ins welcome.
- Wipeout Bar & Grill is a fun surf-themed bar & grill offering outdoor and indoor dining for your 4th of July fun! Enjoy tasty cocktails at the fire pit, hand tossed pizzas, burgers, tacos, rice bowls and more!
- Pier Market Seafood Restaurant features award-winning clam chowder and mesquite-grilled sustainable seafood & meats. Family-owned since 1983. Walk-ins welcome.
- The Cheese School of San Francisco will be offering cheese & meat boxes, cheese focused sandwiches, beer, wine and soft drinks from 11am to 7pm. Guests can take them to-go or enjoy them on their patio.
Things To Do
- In need of a good laugh? The Red and White Fleet is holding the First Annual Comedy on the Bay Festival. This 2-day festival will feature some of the Bay Area’s favorite comedians! There will be 4 shows over the weekend, with different headliners & lineups each show – over 20 comedians from around the Bay Area are coming together to make you laugh as we celebrate Independence Day & being liberated from our living rooms!
- Consider watching the fireworks from the best seat on the bay on a San Francisco Whale Tours Fireworks Cruise.